It’s that time of year! Summer in Monterey means endless things to do and see. Whether you’re coming out to experience one of the many events or just feel like getting away to a beautiful summer destination, we have you covered. Check out our ideal 3-day summer itinerary for inspiration and book your stay today!
- Stop by the Monarch Grove Butterfly Sanctuary on your way to Old Monterey Inn
- Check in, settle into your room, maybe enjoy a glass of wine or snack in our garden
- Stroll Fisherman’s Wharf before sunset and watch the otters
- Grab dinner at Massaro & Santos on the pier
- Wake up to fresh coffee and enjoy breakfast in our dining room, gardens, or comfort of your own room
- Take a tour of the historic and beautifully restored Tor House
- Grab lunch nearby (ask us for recommendations) or perhaps pack a picnic to enjoy at your next stop
- Visit the Point Lobos State Reserve and check out the majestic tide pools
- Head back to the Inn for sunset wine & hors d’oeuvres
- Go out to dinner at Fandango Restaurant – ask about our dining packages!
- Fuel up for the day with another delicious breakfast
- Head to Carmel Valley for wine tasting. Make a day of it with our Chauffeured Wine Tour Package!
- Treat yourself to an afternoon spa treatment at Old Monterey Inn
- Have your pick of all our wonderful local restaurants for your last night in Monterey!
“We’ve stayed in a lot of B&Bs all over the country and this place is one of our favorites after our recent visit! The house and location are amazing. The staff is more accommodating than you could imagine. The gardens are relaxing. There is port available in the living room and in the early evening a wonderful wine and cheese spread to hold you over until dinner. And their breakfasts were wonderful. It was fun meeting other guests and chatting over breakfast. Clean, friendly, efficient. Highly recommend this place. Easy walk to the waterfront and restaurants.”
– Dale T., TripAdvisor.com